Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Project Life | Weeks 14 & 15

Just to give you a bit of a heads up, the next few Project Life spreads I share may be in a peculiar order...there is no rhyme and reason to it, I just haven't gotten round to photographing all of my layouts!

Here is Week 14...



Hightlights from this week | Many much-needed lunches out on account of it being the school holidays. Gilly Hicks underwear shopping. Relaxing with the pooch. First gym trip in months. Looking at hamsters and other furries at the pet shop. First taste of gin & tonic (yuck!). Trying a worship band rehearsal at church.



Thoughts on this spread | I'm happy with the simplicity of the digital brushes + typed journaling + minimal embellishments...I like that I can vary how much embellishing I do depending on my mood and I still like the outcome. Loved cutting up a PL card and stapling a portion of it to that gym photo a la Ali Edwards. I think I'll try and incorporate that a bit more in future spreads...I have more PL cards than I will probably ever use, so it's a great way to get more on there and that will make me happy since there are so many lovely ones sitting waiting to be used!


Products used | Studio Calico Roundabout Project Life kit, wood veneer camera, chipboard stars and arrow; American Crafts Thickers and date stamp; Becky Higgins journaling card (Jade Edition); Ali Edwards digital brushes.


Week 15...


Hightlights from this week | Finishing up my gallery of photos in our hallway for my mum's Mother's Day present. Lunch with my bestie from uni and a spot of shopping. A trip to London to have dinner with April and Greg at Jamie's Italian in Covent Garden (so enjoyed meeting them while they were in town...such lovely, fun people...we had such great conversation and shared many laughs!). Daffodils in full bloom.



Thoughts on this spread | The cards from the Studio Calico Spencer's Project Life kit matched my photos perfectly...so fun to pair them together! Including the Jamie's Italian card thing was my attempt at including some memorabilia for a change...so bad at that! I really must include more when I can.


Products used | Studio Calico Spencer's Project Life kit.





1 comment:

  1. Gin & Tonic with lots of lime has been my go-to cocktail this summer! So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete