Wednesday, 30 April 2014

A Project Life® tutorial


A few weeks ago, I was fortunate to be a bridesmaid for my best friend from university. It was such a wonderful day and I went to sleep that night with all sorts of thought about how I wanted to document the occasion in my Project Life® album. As I was looking at my bridesmaid's bouquet and arrangement of flowers from the reception that I was given, I suddenly had an exciting idea to press some of the flowers from each and include them in my album alongside my photos and journaling!

I had never pressed flowers before, but decided to give a go. I thought it was going to be much more complicated that it was but I ended up using a very easy method with a heavy book! Here's what I did...


1. I cut some flowers and foliage from the arrangement that I wanted to keep and laid them on 3 sheets of regular printer paper towards the back of a very heavy book.



2. I laid about 3 more sheets of printer paper on top of the flowers to make sure that the sap didn't seep through to the book pages.



3. I closed the book shut, gave it a few firm presses and laid it flat for about a week.



4. I had already completed steps 1-3 with some of the flowers from my bridesmaid's bouquet, so just before closing the book, I retrieved those ones that had been pressing already for a week. On a Studio Calico 4x6 grid card, I laid out the flowers how I wanted them to look in my album.



5. I tore off a small strip of washi tape and stuck it across the stems of the flowers.



Voila! All ready to go into my Project Life® album!

And here's how the one I made from the reception arrangement turned out...


I hope you might be inspired to try a little flower pressing to use in your Project Life album! You could probably even add pressed flowers to a traditional scrapbook page...I think I'm going to have to try that very soon myself!

4 comments:

  1. So cool! I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really looks beautiful!! If I ever have flowers with "a meaning" to them, I'm going to try this! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made pressed flowers too and loving them! Adding the small piece of washi tape is a pretty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh! Why haven't I done this? I love pressed flowers.
    Thank you very much for this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete